MISSION OF KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA
The Kendriya Vidyalayas have a four - fold mission, viz.,
- To cater to the educational needs of children of transferable Central Government including Defence and Para-military personnel by providing a common programme of educationTo pursue excellence and set the pace in the field of school education
- To initiate and promote experimentation and innovations in education in collaboration with other bodies like
the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and the National Concil of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) etc. and
- To develop the spirit of national integration and create a sense of "Indianness" among children.
- Common text-books and bilingual medium of instructions for all Kendriya Vidyalayas.
- All Kendriya Vidyalayas affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education
- All Kendriya Vidyalayas are co-educational, composite schools.
- Sanskrit is taught from class V to IX
- The quality of teaching is kept reasonably high by an appropriate teacher-pupil ratio.
- No tuition fee for boys upto Class VIII, girls upto Class XII and SC/ST students and children of KVS employees.